A Livermore man who called cops to report being roughed up and robbed by a couple of thugs at his apartment complex, may now rue that cry for help.
The 23-year-old called police at 3:30 p.m. Aug. 8 from the 4600 block of Gerrilyn Way to report he was punched, knocked to the ground and robbed of his wallet and money by two males who fled in a white Lexus down East Avenue, according to the .
But after a bit of questioning: "He finally admitted he was there to sell (them) two ounces of marijuana," said Officer Traci Rebiejo.
Yes, the robbery victim said, he was, indeed, punched across the temple, knocked down and a scuffle ensued.
But what the two suspects actually took, he allegedly admitted to police, was the pot — without paying.
Less than an hour later, on the 800 block of El Caminito, law enforcement apprehended the two suspected robbers in the Lexus and with the missing marijuana, Rebiejo said.
That duo, Livermore men, 20 and 19, were arrested on suspected robbery charges, Rebiejo said.
The robbery victim, meanwhile, according to police, repeatedly hesitated and seemed nervous as he led authorities to his apartment — possibly due to an alleged indoor pot-growing operation, reportedly in plain view and complete with potted plants, grow lights and large jars of marijuana.
That individual was subsequently arrested on felony counts of suspected marijuana cultivation and sales, according to court records.
In other news:
Sunday, Aug. 19
- Suspected driving-under-the-influence arrests made: 12:01 a.m. on First Street and Portola Avenue; 1:03 a.m. on First at Scott Street.
- Motorist with suspended license cited 12:19 a.m. on First at Portola.
Saturday, Aug. 18
- 12:20 a.m. on I-680 near Bernal Avenue exit.
- DUIs reported: 3:46 a.m. on East Stanley Boulevard and Isabel Avenue; 11:15 p.m. on First Street at Portola Avenue; 11:30 p.m. on 3700 First.
- Motorists with suspended licenses from prior DUIs or unlicensed motorists cited: 12:05 p.m. on South Livermore Avenue and Third Street; 9:40 p.m. and 10:20 p.m. on First Street at Portola Avenue; 9:25 p.m. on 2700 First.
- Vandalism logged 3:18 a.m. on 1000 Bannock Street.
- Controlled-substance possession reported 1:46 a.m. on Second Street at South Livermore Avenue, and 9:02 p.m. on 500 Everglades Lane.
- Fictitious checks reported 10:59 a.m. on 2700 Las Positas Road.
Friday, Aug. 17
- DUIs reported: 1:10 a.m. on 200 Western Avenue; 8:34 p.m. on Chestnut and North I streets; 10:05 p.m. on Fourth Street and South Livermore Avenue.
- Telephone harassment logged noon along 1000 El Dorado Drive.
- Domestic assault reported 8 p.m. on the 500 block of Estates Street; battery logged 11:10 p.m. on 2300 Third Street.
- Possession/sale of narcotics reported 5:48 p.m. on 4300 Las Positas Road.
- Livermore man pleads not guilty to July burglary and sexual assault.
Thursday, Aug. 16
- Commercial burglary reported 12:16 a.m. on 800 Marylin Avenue.
- Domestic-order violation logged 3:33 p.m. on the 3300 block of Leahy Way.
- Narcotics possession reported 3:14 p.m. on 900 East Stanley Boulevard.
- Unlicensed motorist cited 7:52 a.m. on Starling and Olivina avenues; motorist with suspended license from prior DUI 7:28 a.m. on Portola and North Livermore avenues.
- Domestic assault reported 7:47 p.m. on 400 North Livermore Avenue.
- Motorist with marijuana cited 11:35 a.m. on 500 Olivina Avenue.
- Theft logged 1:09 a.m. on 600 Yorkshire Court.
Wednesday, Aug. 15
- Commercial burglary logged 9 p.m. along 400 Lindbergh Avenue.
- Warrant served 8:42 a.m. on 1100 South Livermore Avenue, and 9:05 p.m. on 5600 Jacquiline Way.
- Fictitious checks reported 3 p.m. on 1000 North Vasco Road.
- Unlicensed motorists cited 5:40 p.m. on Murdell Lane at Cinnabar Drive, and 2:13 p.m. on Brisa Street at South Vasco Road; motorist with suspended license 6:29 p.m. on South N and Fourth streets.
- Crime Stoppers alerts: and .
Tuesday, Aug. 14
- DUI arrest made 6:05 p.m. on 1300 Belfast Court.
- Motorist with suspended license cited 7:22 p.m. on Las Positas Road and Arroyo Vista.
Monday, Aug. 13
- Burglary reported 3:20 p.m. on 1400 Calvary Lane.
- Two car break-ins on the 2800 block of Kitty Hawk Road, 6 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- Identity theft logged 11 a.m. along 2900 Constitution Drive.
- Motorist with marijuana cited 10:26 p.m. on 2400 Holmes Street.
- Unlicensed motorists cited 4:40 p.m. on I-580 and Vasco Road, and 9:10 a.m. on Chestnut and North K streets.
- Battery reported 12:13 a.m. on 2300 Second Street.
- Warrant arrest 11 a.m. on 1000 Murrieta Boulevard.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrest made 11 a.m. on 200 South K street.
- Livermore PD earns .
- Department .
Sunday, Aug. 12
- DUI arrest 2:32 a.m. on 2200 Second Street.
- Motorist with marijuana cited on Murdell Lane and Quartz Circle 11:14 p.m.
- Domestic assault logged 2:52 a.m. along 400 Junction Avenue.
- Battery reported 1:14 a.m. on the 6400 block of Ramblewood Place.
- Three separate reports of controlled-substance possession: 5:07 p.m. on 900 Coronado Way; 6:46 p.m. on Locust and North P streets; 9:33 p.m. on 4200 First Street.
- 1:20 a.m. on I-680.