Kitchen Fire Causes $35,000 Damage to Livermore Home

Fire officials believe the fire originated in the oven

A fire in the kitchen of a Livermore home caused about $35,000 worth of damage on Saturday night, fire officials said.

According to Livermore Pleasanton Battalion Chief Joe Testa, the homeowners in the 3900 block of Harvard Court were in the process of moving out so the house did not have many personal possessions inside at the time of the blaze. 

Testa says the fire appeared to have originated in oven and was contained to the kitchen.

"The fire was reported at 8:01 p.m. and was under control within a few minutes of our arrival," Testa said. "There was heavy smoke damage throughout the house." 

Testa said the homeowner returned to the vacant house to claim his remaining possessions and he estimates the damage to be about $35,000.

No one was injured during the fire.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »