College Scholarship Applications now being accepted for the Pleasanton/Dublin Soroptimist scholarship in honor of Dale Vaughn-Bowen.
The Pleasanton/Dublin Soroptimist Club is comprised of local business women who provide hands on service in their community and monetary support of programs that help women and children. Dale Vaughn-Bowen was an active member of this club for more than 25 years, a mother, wife and local winery owner before she passed away after a 10 year battle with cancer. The SI club founded this scholarship fund 4 years ago to honor her service and her dedication to girls in her community.
Dale Vaughn-Bowen Annual Scholarship Fund offers a $1,000 scholarship to a female senior who is headed to college after graduation.
Students must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a female who lived in the Tri-Valley Area within the last four years.
- Must have lost a parent/guardian to cancer.
- Must be a high school senior, college freshman or sophomore
- Must plan to attend college if high school senior
- Must have a GPA of 2.8 or better Must be no older than 24 years old by May 2014
- Must be a U.S. citizen, or documented permanent resident of the US.
Application must be post marked by May 31, 2014
Use this link to access the application and submission details.www.si-pleasantondublin.org—Information submitted by Kelly Knabe, The Quarry Lane School