Related article: Alameda County Election Wrap: Measure G Passes in Livermore
All Livermore students in grades K-12 benefit from this reliable source of funding, which is locally controlled and monitored by an Independent Oversight Committee.
The flat assessment per parcel tax of $138 per year, with exemptions for citizens aged over 65, provides critical funding for:
- Advanced courses in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM)
- Programs in music, art, and foreign language
- Attracting and retaining highly qualified teachers (lower class sizes)
- Elementary school science and technology specialists
- Keeping our schools safe and well-maintained
- Up-to-date instructional materials and comprehensive curricular programs.
—Submitted by Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District