Here's information provided by the Livermore Area Recreation and Park District:
Make your holiday season a happy one with the help of the Livermore Area Recreation and Park District. December brings a mix of Holiday Happenings for all ages to enjoy.
- Enjoy Breakfast with Santa at 9 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 8, at the Robert Livermore Community Center, 4444 East Ave. This event is open to adults with children ages 10 and younger. Families can enjoy a delicious pancake breakfast, and children will have a chance to sit on Santa’s lap and make a holiday craft. Pre-registration is required – no tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are $10 per person; everyone needs a ticket.
- Experience a Victorian Yuletide at Ravenswood Historic Site from noon to 4 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 9. This free event opens the 1890s home for visitors to see all decked out for the season. There will be entertainment throughout the afternoon, buggy rides, drinks and desserts for sale, visits with St. Nicholas and a gift shop. This event is done in conjunction with Ravenswood Progress League. Ravenswood is located at 2647 Arroyo Road. For more details, call 925-443-0238.
- Santa Claus can make a personal appearance at your home, office or party with Santa Visits. The jolly, red-suited man himself is available for 10-minute visits between 5:30 and 8:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 21; Saturday, Dec. 22; and Sunday, Dec. 23. Packages may be left on the porch for Santa to bring in and deliver directly to children. Visits are $45 to Livermore addresses. Registration starts Monday, Dec. 3, from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Robert Livermore Community Center on a first-come, first-served basis. Sign-ups will continue after Dec. 3 until slots are full.
- Seniors 55 and up and their families are invited to attend the Holiday Luncheon at noon on Friday, Dec. 14, with special entertainment from the Livermore High Chamber Chorale. Wear festive colors, make a holiday card and enjoy a relaxing lunch of spiral ham, au gratin potatoes, green salad, dessert and beverage. The luncheon is $8 per person, and tickets must be purchased in advance by 2 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6. Tickets are available at the Senior Services office at the Robert Livermore Community Center. For details, call 925-373-5760.
- Accomplish some gift-buying errands with the Holiday Shopping Fundraiser Boutique that benefits LARPD’s Senior Services. The boutique features jewelry, candles, glass and wire works and more, plus free gift wrapping. It will run from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, at the Robert Livermore Community Center.
- The weather may be frightful, but the Holiday Basketball Tournament is so delightful for youth in third through sixth grades. Teams of boys and girls can sign up for $225 a team to play in the double gymnasium at the Community Center. Third and fourth grades will play Dec. 14, 15 and 17; fifth and sixth grades will play Dec. 18 to 20. Each participant receives a T-shirt. Spectator admission is $18 for adults; free for those under 18; snack bar will be open. To register, contact Mike Sa at 925-373-5733 or email@example.com.
- Can’t join any of these happenings? There’s another opportunity to get into the holiday spirit – receive a personal message from the North Pole with Letters from Santa. Cost is $3.50 per letter, and applications are available online or at the LARPD office starting Dec. 1. Deadline to request a letter is noon on Dec. 16.
For more information or to register for the Holiday Happenings, call 925-373-5700 or visit www.larpd.dst.ca.us.