From the City of Dublin:
Thirty years and greener than ever! Join us on March 16 - 17 for the 30th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Celebration for an authentic and memorable Irish experience!
The weekend’s festivities will begin on Friday evening, March 15, with the annual Green and White Gala hosted by the Dublin Sister City Association. The event will take place at the Dublin Senior Center, 7600 Amador Valley Blvd. and welcomes guests and dignitaries from sister city, Bray, Ireland visiting Dublin for the weekend’s events. “Irish Happy Hour” will commence at 6:00 p.m., followed by dinner and dancing to live music. For tickets or more information, please contact Carol Satterthwaite at (925) 829-3657.
On Saturday, March 16, start your morning with a serving of hot “green” pancakes served fresh off the griddle at the Annual Firefighter’s Pancake Breakfast. Breakfast will be served beginning at 7:00 a.m. at Fire Station #16, located at Donohue Drive and Amador Valley Boulevard. Tickets can be purchased at the door for $5 per person. Proceeds will benefit the Alameda County Fire Fighters Association-Local 55 Charity Fund, which supports local non-profit and community-based organizations.
Afterwards, head down Amador Valley Boulevard or Village Parkway to find the perfect viewing spot for the 30th Annual Dublin Lions Club Parade. Bring your own chairs or take advantage of the bleacher seating available at 7400 Amador Valley Boulevard. Over 80 entries featuring marching bands, colorful floats, bagpipes, equestrian riders and more will step-off promptly at 9:30 a.m. onto Dublin Blvd. from Amador Plaza Road.
The 30th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Festival will be held on Saturday and Sunday, March 16 & 17, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at the Dublin Civic Center. There will be plenty to do with three stages of authentic Irish entertainment, 250 craft and commercial vendors, an Irish Tea Cottage, a Festival Food Court featuring unique Irish specialties, carnival rides and of course, a leprechaun!
• Entertainment at the festival will include two stages of all-Irish music with everything from traditional Irish folk music to Celtic Rock and bagpipes to Celtic harp. “Celtica” a high-energy Celtic Rock band will headline the Main Stage with performances on both Saturday and Sunday. A third stage will feature the beautifully-costumed performers of the McBride School of Irish Dance and also the McGrath Irish Dancers performing throughout the weekend. Not to be missed!
• The Arts & Crafts fair will showcase a variety of talented artists, but don’t miss the “Irish Marketplace,” offering Irish tartans, Celtic capes and shawls, hand knit wool sweaters, Irish histories of names and Coats of Arms, beautiful Celtic jewelry and much more!
• The Festival Food Court will feature many unique Irish inspired specialties such as Guinness marinated tri-tip, corned beef sliders with spicy slaw, beer braised Irish bangers with boxty and sautéed cabbage, authentic fish and chips and be sure to save room for delicious Bailey’s Irish Crème Brulee for dessert! A variety of traditional festival favorites and International choices will also be available.
• If you are craving a steaming cup of authentic Irish Tea then step inside the Irish Tea Cottage to enjoy live music along with shortbread and scones served with freshly brewed tea.
• An exciting Carnival will offer rides and attractions for all ages!
On Sunday, March 17, put on your running shoes for the 15th Annual Shamrock 5K Fun Run and Walk which begins along Dublin Blvd. near the Civic Center at 8:30 a.m. The race will wind its way through town and finish at the festival with live music, awards and giveaways for participants. Register online at www.active.com by March 13. For race information please call (925) 556-4500.
Best of all, festival admission is FREE! Plenty of free parking will also be available nearby. Or, visitors can take BART to the Dublin-Pleasanton BART Station and connect with a free Wheels pass available at the station during the weekend of the event. Please call (925) 556-4500 or visit www.DublinStPats.com for more information.