.

Update: Reported Structure Fire Turns Out to Be Burning Tar on Panda Express Roof

Firefighters responded to a reported structure fire, which turned out to be burning tar on the roof of the Panda Express on Portola Avenue.

What was first reported as a structure fire turned out to be burning tar on the roof of Panda Express on Portola Avenue.

An employee at the restaurant said a man working on the building left some tar on the roof which began to heat up. The smell of the burning tar got picked up by the eatery's ventilation system. Firefighters were called in shortly after.

According to the mobile application PulsePoint, the incident occurred around 1:39 p.m. It was originally reported as a structure fire.

Livermore Pleasanton Fire told Livermore Patch that the four fire engines, two trucks and a batallion chief responded to the incident.

Mr. Pickles September 17, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Hey... No wonder their Lemon Chicken smelled a little funny.
Robert September 18, 2012 at 01:55 AM
Glad it didn't turn out to be a true structure fire....Panda Express is a great restaurant!
c September 18, 2012 at 01:59 AM
Wow i heard they thought it was a gas leak at first

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »