.

Smoking Garbage Can Prompts Building Evacuation at Las Positas College

Students were briefly evacuated so fire officials could investigate the source of the smell

Students in building 2100 at Las Positas College were evacuated for a short period of time yesterday due to the odor of smoke on campus. 

Around 1:15 p.m., Livermore Pleasanton Fire officials were called to investigate the source smoke at 3000 Campus Hill Drive in Livermore.

"On investigation we found someone had put something metal in the microwave and the threw it in the garbage which caused the garbage to smoke,"  Battalion Chief Jack Neiman-Kimel said. "We responded with 4 Engines, 2 Trucks and 1 Battalion Chief.  There was no damage to any property or any injuries noted."

Mike S December 04, 2013 at 04:23 PM
I am surprised that an editor would consider a smoking garbage can that occurred yesterday as Breaking News.
Rat Troll December 04, 2013 at 05:31 PM
Big news day for Livermore!
Such Troll December 04, 2013 at 05:41 PM
If a garbage can wants to smoke why not let him? He's old enough to make is own decisions in life.
Bob Canning December 04, 2013 at 08:19 PM
Seems to be a lot of equipment for metal in a microwave.
Becky December 04, 2013 at 08:26 PM
Once I saw a garbage truck dump his ENTIRE load on our street, because it was on fire. Probably fireplace ashes. It was pretty ugly. I didn't stick around, so I didn't get to see how they cleaned it up.
Autumn Johnson (Troll) December 04, 2013 at 08:57 PM
@Becky, based on the symptoms detailed, it sounds like that dump truck has gonorrhea.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something