Once again, several motorists tooling around town last week were lacking something kind of important — driver's licenses.
Whether their licenses were suspended or never issued to begin with, at least a dozen drivers were stopped for traffic infractions and then cited for the licensing violations, particularly on Wednesday and Thursday, according to Livermore Police Department records.
While such offenses are fairly common in Livermore, the associated fallout and costs can be significant, as detailed in a previous article.
In other news, two people were arrested Thursday at 10:14 a.m. on suspicion of multiple theft-related and marijuana charges on the 1600 block of Paseo Laguna Seco.
The male suspect, 23, from Vallejo, faces felony counts of possession of marijuana for sale, receiving/possession of stolen property and identity theft.
His female companion, 20, is charged with felony counts of possession of marijuana for sale, possession of a controlled substance, receiving/possession of stolen property and identity theft.
The pair are to be arraigned today at the Gale-Schenone Hall of Justice in Pleasanton.
For more area police news, read on:
Saturday, Oct. 6
- Vehicle reported stolen 2:30 a.m. on the 2500 block of Portola Avenue.
- Domestic assault reported 3:50 p.m. along 800 Yosemite Drive.
- Male motorist, 18, arrested 12:37 a.m. for suspected driving under the influence on Fifth Street and South Livermore Avenue.
- Male, 25, arrested for alleged public intoxication and police resistance 2:20 a.m. on 2200 First Street.
- Arrests for suspected use/influence of controlled substances made: male, 27, 2:33 a.m. on 600 Tanager Road; male, 20, 7:53 p.m. on 1600 Paseo Laguna Seco.
- Man, 24, arrested for controlled-substance possession 8:49 p.m. on School Street at Madeira Way.
Friday, Oct. 5
- Triple arrest 12:35 a.m. on 1800 North Livermore Avenue: male for alleged DUI and use/influence of controlled substances; his two companions for alleged substance use/influence.
- Vandalism cited 9 a.m. along 3400 Gardella Plaza.
- DUI arrest of male 2:06 a.m. on Third Street and South Livermore Avenue.
- Suspicious circumstances investigated by the Alameda County Sheriff's Office on 800 Tesla Road at 10 a.m. No additional information available.
- Controlled-substance possession reported 1:50 p.m. on Ora and Rincon avenues.
Thursday, Oct. 4
- Grand theft logged 12:03 p.m. on 17500 Patterson Pass Road.
- Motorists with suspended or no licenses cited: 7 a.m. on Normandy Circle and Concannon Boulevard; 9:40 a.m. on Vancouver Way at Belfast Court; 10:45 a.m. on Olivina Avenue and Meadowlark Street; 1:06 p.m. on Olivina and Rincon avenues; 9:30 p.m. on South P Street at Railroad Avenue.
- Livermore woman, 45, arrested for alleged domestic assault 1:25 a.m. on the 700 block of William Drive.
- Battery reported: 1:40 a.m. on 800 Yolo Way; 5:26 a.m. on 800 North Vasco Road.
- Dublin male, 31, arrested on 4800 Tassajara Road for suspected DUI.
- Use/influence of controlled substances reported 4:54 p.m. on Catalina Drive at Barcelona Street.
- Vandalism cited 8 a.m. along 600 Starling Avenue.
- Vehicle reported stolen 1 a.m. on 4300 Pomona Way.
- Stolen vehicle recovered on 200 Junco Avenue 11:55 p.m.
- Double arrest on 1600 Paseo Laguna Seco 10:14 a.m. of Vallejo male, 23, and female, 20, for suspected felony marijuana possession with intent to sell; stolen property; identity theft.
Wednesday, Oct. 3
- Commercial burglary reported 5:03 p.m. on 1500 First Street.
- Robbery reported at Chase Bank 2:31 p.m. on 1700 North Vasco Road.
- Motorists with suspended or no licenses cited: 1:40 a.m. on 1900 Holmes Street; 8:45 a.m. on 1500 First Street; 8:58 a.m. on South Vasco Road at Industrial Way; 11:40 a.m. on South Vasco at Brisa Street; 12:15 p.m. on 3900 First.
- Livermore male, 29, arrested 1:38 a.m. on 2300 Railroad Avenue for alleged possession and use/influence of controlled substances.
- Marijuana possession on school grounds reported 9:15 a.m. on the 2400 block of Portola Avenue.
- DUI arrest 1:40 a.m. on 2500 Las Positas Road.
- Controlled-substance possession reported 11:35 p.m. on Concannon Boulevard and Holmes Street.
Tuesday, Oct. 2
- Grand theft of motor parts reported 11 a.m. on 1100 East Stanley Boulevard.
- Livermore man, 60, arrested 7:15 p.m. on Concannon Boulevard and Murdell Lane for suspected DUI and narcotics possession.
- Commercial burglary reported 2:54 a.m. on 2900 Las Positas Road; residential burglary on 2900 Calico Common at 12:45 p.m.
- Two drunk-and-disorderly arrests: male, 9:37 p.m. on 4600 First Street; female, also charged with police obstruction, 4:59 p.m. on 1000 East Airway Boulevard.
- Telephone harassment logged on the 5500 block of Felicia Avenue at 6:40 a.m.
- Motorist with suspended license cited 9:40 p.m. on Patterson Pass and Mines roads.
- Domestic assault reported 7:50 p.m. on 600 Moraga Drive.
- Fremont man, 30, arrested for alleged possession of burglary tools and billy club. Location arrest unavailable.
Monday, Oct. 1
- Vehicle reported stolen 8 p.m. along 2700 Pickfair Lane.
- Custody-violation incident logged 4:04 p.m. on the 1000 block of Bannock Street.
- Thefts reported 1:30 p.m. on 500 Humboldt Way, and 4 p.m. on 1000 Airway Boulevard.
- Motorist with marijuana cited 4:21 p.m. along 3800 East Avenue; motorist with suspended license 12:10 a.m. on North Vasco and Northfront roads.
- Stolen vehicle from another jurisdiction recovered 9:20 a.m. along 800 Central Avenue.
- Use/influence of controlled substances reported 9:14 p.m. on 4300 Las Positas Road.
Sunday, Sept. 30
- Livermore man, 28, arrested 7:30 p.m. for suspected domestic assault on the 300 block of Adelle Street.
- Residential burglaries logged: 11:28 a.m. on 3300 Hampstead Court; 4 p.m. on 5800 Arlene Way.
- Warrant arrests made 5:45 p.m. on 700 East Stanley Boulevard, and 6:07 p.m. on 600 North L Street.
- Battery reported 10:10 p.m. along 1700 Mill Spring Common.
- Unlicensed motorist cited 3:44 a.m. on Moonflower Way at Windflower Drive.
- DUI arrests: 1:37 a.m. on North Murrieta Boulevard at Olivina Avenue; 2:12 a.m. on Cromwell Way and North Livermore Avenue.
- Public intoxication reported 2:24 a.m. on 2000 First Street.
- Livermore police arrest Concord woman found sleeping in stolen van.