One of the suspected prowlers arrested last week — — has prior arrests for alleged burglary and theft, according to Alameda County Sheriff's Office records.
Anselmo Cruzgarcia, 21, of Oakland, appeared Monday at the Fremont Hall of Justice to enter his plea and possibly have his probation revoked following his Oct. 9 arrest in Livermore, records state.
Cruzgarcia's court filings show arrests in 2011 and 2012 for charges including felony burglary, vehicle theft, theft, reckless driving, driving under the influence and driving on a suspended license, and involved police agencies in Oakland, Union City and the Dublin California Highway Patrol, reports state.
Cruzgarcia was one of three men arrested by the Livermore Police Department for suspected criminal prowling and loitering after a patrol officer noted a suspicious Buick parked on Montrose Place.
The car took off unexpectedly, police said, with two suspects on foot and the third driving and soon crashing into a concrete wall on Edinburgh Drive.
The other suspects arrested in the Livermore ordeal were also from Oakland, and 20 years old.
One was arrested for suspicion of criminal prowling and loitering; the other — presumably the one who crashed the vehicle — for suspicion of evading police.
No additional information is available on their cases or court proceedings.
In other police news:
Friday, Oct. 12
- DUI arrests made: 1:31 a.m. on Madeira Way at School Street; 1:50 a.m. on East Avenue and Auburn Street; 3:35 p.m. on Jensen Street at Leahy Way; 11:37 p.m. on 1500 First Street.
- Stolen vehicle recovered 11:30 a.m. on 900 East Stanley Boulevard.
- Felony warrant served 6:37 p.m. on South K and First streets.
- Theft reported 900 Bluebell Drive 3:50 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 11
- Vehicle reported stolen 6:30 p.m. on 3000 Constitution Drive.
- Criminal threats reported 5 p.m. along 3800 Stanford Way.
- Hit-and-run with property damage logged 300 Ontario Drive 6:05 a.m.
- Motorist with suspended license cited 6:07 p.m. on Bluebell Drive at Springtown Boulevard.
- Reports of suspected use/influence controlled substances made 8:42 a.m. on the 3500 block of Ridgecrest Way, and 11:54 p.m. on 2000 Walnut Street.
- Warrant arrest 10:30 p.m. on Garaventa Ranch and North Vasco roads.
Wednesday, Oct. 10
- Theft using access card logged 3:17 p.m. on 600 North M street.
- Motorist with marijuana cited 6:03 p.m. on Charlotte and Mulqueeney commons.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrest made 11:41 p.m. on 2100 Las Positas Road.
- Shoplifting theft reported 11 a.m. on 1300 Railroad Avenue.
Tuesday, Oct. 9
- Illegal possession of narcotics/controlled substances reported: 1:02 a.m. on Sunrise Drive at Sungold Circle; 3:45 p.m. I-580 at Vasco Road; 10:38 p.m. on Rutan Court at Wright Brothers Avenue.
- Motorists with suspended licenses cited 8 p.m. on Ora Avenue and James Street, and 9:16 p.m. on 100 South L Street.
- Domestic assault reported 9:56 p.m. along 2000 Buckskin Road.
- Use/influence of controlled substances reported 11:41 p.m. on 2100 First Street.
- Triple arrest of three Oakland men, ages 21, 20 and 20, following 11:30 a.m. police pursuit and sweep on Portola Avenue neighborhood.
Monday, Oct. 8
- Residential burglary reported 1:30 p.m. on the 3600 block of Thornhill Drive.
- Motorists with suspended licenses cited: 10:24 a.m. Cromwell Way at North Livermore Avenue; 12:30 p.m. on North I Street at Junction Avenue. Unlicensed driver reported 3:10 p.m. on Arlington Road at East Jack London Boulevard.
- Warrant served 10:57 a.m. on Ladd and Junction avenues.
- Narcotics possession reported 6:12 p.m. on the 600 block of Colusa Way.
Sunday, Oct. 7
- DUI arrest 6:55 p.m. on North Vasco and Southfront roads.
- Domestic assaults reported 4:16 p.m. on the 3100 block of Golden Crest Common, and along 3300 Leahy Way 4:37 p.m.
- Battery incidents logged 2:53 a.m. on 7600 Southfront Road, and 6:40 p.m. on 1500 Springtown Boulevard.
- Thefts reported: 12:30 p.m. on 4300 Las Positas Road; 1 p.m. on 200 Maple Street.
- Fictitious checks passed on 900 North Canyons Parkway at 9:30 p.m.
- Stolen vehicle recovered 9:50 a.m. 1900 Holmes Street.
- Controlled-substance possession reported 4:20 a.m. on 300 Wright Brothers Avenue.
- Public intoxication arrest made of a male 1:44 a.m. on 2300 First Street.