The Fremont Police Department officer recovered a license plate that belonged to a stolen car parked in front of home on Gina Street in Fremont and was beginning to investigate at the house when an anonymous caller dialed 911 reporting a shooting in progress at San Pedro Drive and Thornton Avenue, police said.
Fremont dispatch determined, however, that the call was coming from the Gina Street area. After speaking with a female at the house, police learned "the shooting" was a ruse to pull officers away from the Gina home so occupants inside could flee, police said.
Ultimately, the house was surrounded and occupants arrested included: the Livermore male for the stolen vehicle; Fremont woman, 44, for possession of meth; Newark man, 21, for dangerous-weapon warrant; San Jose female, 32, for possession of meth, meth pipe and being under the influence; Fremont woman, 30, for child endangerment.
In other area crime news:
Saturday, Oct. 12
- I-580 big rig collision closes freeway.
- Crash near midnight on I-580.
- Vehicle towed for overdue registration by Alameda County Sheriff's Office at 7:20 a.m. from Vallecitos Road at Ruby Hill Drive.
- Stolen vehicle from another jurisdiction recovered 12:24 a.m. on 800 North Vasco Road.
- Possession of controlled substances reported 1:21 a.m. on 4700 First Street.
- Driver cut from vehicle after collision on I-580.
- Thefts: 3:30 p.m. on 1800 Second Street; 3 p.m. oon 2700 Las Positas Road; 1:45 p.m. on 1800 North Livermore Avenue.
- Criminal threats reported 1:02 a.m. along 3900 First Street.
- Car break-in reported on 2600 Paragon Outlets Drive 11:30 a.m.
- $4 million in marijuana seized in Alameda County.
- Cherryland man facing animal cruelty charges asks judge permission to visit puppy.
- County coroner IDs man found in Livermore creek last week.
- Car break-ins: 5:5 p.m. on 3400 Hansen Road; 11 a.m. on 2600 Paragon Outlets Drive.
- Bench warrant arrests: 3:15 p.m. on 1900 Second Street; 2:47 p.m. on 4400 First Street.
- Unlicensed/suspended motorists: 5:43 pm. Pine Street at Dakota Court; 5:02 p.m. on 100 Lindbergh Avenue.
- Public intoxication: 11:30 a.m. Holmes Street at Murrieta Boulevard.
- Use/influence of controlled substances: 11:48 p.m. on 3900 First Street.
- Vehicle reported stolen 1:41 a.m. on 1400 First Street.
- Car break-ins: 7:48 p.m. on 3100 Paragon Outlets Drive; 10 p.m. on 900 Catalina Drive.
- Thefts: 10:40 a.m. on 800 North Vasco Road; 4:40 p.m. on 2700 Las Positas Road.
- Felony warrant arrest 1:35 p.m. on 4100 block of Redwood Road.
- Felony vandalism: along 1700 Spruce Street 6:30 p.m.
- DUI causing bodily injury reported 11:20 p.m. Las Positas Court at North Livermore Avenue.
- DUIs: 12:58 a.m. on 500 Alameda Drive; 3:16 a.m. Alden Lane and Holmes Street.
- Unlicensed motorists: 11:20 a.m. North Canyons Parkway and Airway Boulevard; 2:15 a.m. North P and Chestnut streets.
- Narcotics/controlled substance possession reported: 8:05 p.m. on 2700 Eighth Street; 11:13 a.m. on 600 North L Street; 6:23 a.m. on 1300 Portola Avenue.
- Use/influence of controlled substances: 3:36 a.m. on 1700 North Livermore Avenue.
- Public intoxication: on 200 East Airway Boulevard 4:01 p.m.
- Use/influence of controlled substances reported 4:23 a.m. along 1000 Murrieta Boulevard.
- Controlled substances possession: 8:09 a.m. on 500 South Vasco Road.
- Shoplifting theft: 3:32 p.m. on 3100 Paragon Outlets Drive.
- Motorist cited 10:56 p.m. for driving on suspended license on 300 south Livermore Avenue.
- Lawyer asks judge for more time before Cody Hall enters plea.
- Fire department responds to smell at Stoneridge Mall.
- Friends of Pleasanton beating victim encouraged by his progress.
- Theft from vehicle 1 a.m. along 1100 Crystal Circle.
- DUI: 6:42 p.m. on 2200 Las Positas Road.
- Shoplifting thefts: 2:23 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. along 2900 Las Positas Road.
- Bench warrant arrest 4 p.m. on 3100 Paragon Outlets Drive.
- Narcotics possession: 1:47 p.m. along 2000 Portola Avenue.
- Use/influence of controlled substances: I-580 and North Livermore Avenue 5:12 p.m.
- Public intoxication: 12:27 a.m. along 100 Lindbergh Avenue.
- Police obstruction: 6:19 p.m. on 100 North Livermore Avenue; 12:31 a.m. on 4400 First Street.