In an Inc. Magazine article, this business owner describes her frustration, safety precautions for everyone to consider, and what Apple application minimized her losses and protected company data.
Read the Oct. 20 article here.
In other news, the Livermore Police Department will hold prescription-drug drop-offs Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. as as part of the 7th National Prescription Drug Take Back Day.
The department, along with the Drug Enforcement Administration, encourages the public to help prevent pill abuse and theft by ridding their homes of potentially dangerous prescription drugs.
Community members can bring expired, unused or unwanted medications for disposal to the police station at 1100 South Livermore Ave., according to the DEA web site. This service is free and anonymous.
For more information on the nationwide Drug Take Back Day, or additional drop-off sites in the area, click here.
In other area crime news:
Saturday, Oct. 19
- Reports of individuals being under the influence of controlled substances filed: 12:33 a.m. along 1700 Railroad Avenue; 12:50 a.m. on the 3500 block of Pacific Avenue.
- DUI: 2:10 a.m. Portola Avenue at Highland Street.
- Car break-in reported 12:30 a.m. along Paseo Laguna Seco.
- Bench warrant arrest: 8:35 a.m. on 2000 Walnut Street.
- Thefts: 9:06 p.m. on 2700 Las Positas Road; 2 a.m. along 1000 Glen Common; 1:20 p.m. on 500 North Canyons Parkway.
- Public intoxication: 7 a.m. on 1500 First Street; 1:40 a.m. on 2200 First.
- Two BART employees struck and killed by train near Walnut Creek station.
- Grand theft of motor-vehicle parts: 2:20 a.m. on 5800 Cedarwood Common.
- Theft from vehicle 5 p.m. on 3700 Pacific Avenue.
- Felony warrant arrests: 10:35 a.m. on 6500 Southfront Road; 12:11 p.m. along 100 Western Avenue.
- Motorist with marijuana cited 2:33 p.m. El Caminito and Encino Drive.
- DUI: Evans Street at Concannon Boulevard 2:22 a.m.
- Public intoxication reported 5:15 a.m. along 2200 Walnut Street.
- Assault with deadly weapon, not firearm, 2 a.m. on the 200 block of Junction Avenue.
- Vandalism reported 6:45 p.m. along 2300 Seventh Street.
- Vehicle reported stolen 4:30 p.m. on 6200 Patterson Pass Road.
- Car break-in: 7:15 p.m. on 300 El Caminto.
- Warrant arrest 4:36 p.m. along 3100 Paragon Outlets Drive.
- Vandalism reported: 5:53 p.m. on 1100 Via Granada; 2 p.m. on 3300 Madeira Way.
- Battery reported 6:39 p.m. on 900 East Stanley Boulevard.
- Domestic battery reported 6 a.m. on 1200 block of Via Jose, and 8:03 p.m. on 800 block of Del Norte Drive.
- Public intoxication: 5:50 p.m. on 1400 First Street.
- Possession of narcotics/controlled substances reported: 4:02 p.m. North Vasco Road at Forget-Me-Nor Common; 11 p.m. on 900 Springtown Boulevard.
- Contempt-of-court violation: 10:40 a.m. along 5600 Scenic Avenue.
- Theft: 6:15 p.m. on 3000 Campus Hill Drive.
- Hit-and-run car fire 12:22 a.m. on East Ruby Hill Drive.
- Vandalism reported: 7:20 p.m. on 500 North N Street; 7:22 p.m. on 1700 Spruce Street; 10 pm. on 800 Cherokee Drive.
- Warrant arrests: 9:01 p.m. Fenton Street at Murrieta Boulevard; 2:12 p.m. on 1000 Airway Boulevard; 12:30 p.m. Catalina Drive at Holmes Street.
- Theft: 6:33 p.m. on 200 South Vasco Road.
- Public intoxication: 9:51 p.m. on 4600 Lassen Road.
- DUIs: 12:01 a.m. I-580 at North Livermore Avenue; 11:30 p.m. Holmes and Mocho streets.
- Suspended/unlicensed motorists: 6:45 a.m. Concannon Boulevard at Normandy Way; 1:28 p.m. Rutan Drive at East Airway Boulevard; 6 p.m. College Avenue at South S Street.
- Commercial burglary reported on 2100 Las Positas Road 5:20 p.m.
- Vandalism reported 8:45 a.m. along 5500 Oakmont Circle.
- Narcotics possession reported 8:20 a.m. Springtown Boulevard at Rhododendron Drive.
- Public intoxication: 5:43 p.m. Northfront Road at North Vasco Drive; 10:51 a.m. on 3200 Robertson Park Road.
- Use/influence of controlled substances: 9:10 p.m. on 900 Murrieta Boulevard.
- Theft: 6:45 p.m. on 2700 Paragon Outlets Drive.
- 'In pavement' lights under repair when Pleasanton pedestrians hit Oct. 12 crossing Santa Rita Road. Female victim passed away from injuries.
- Vehicles reported stolen: 8 p.m. on 1600 Second Street; 7:30 p.m. on 200 Junction Avenue.
- Car break-in: 1 p.m. on 3800 First Street.
- Residential burglary reported noon along 200 North Murrieta Boulevard.
- Theft: 7:24 p.m. on 3300 Paragon Outlets Drive.
- Vandalism: 12:10 a.m. on 1000 Padua Way; 8 p.m. on 600 North Livermore Avenue.
- Graffiti on government property reported noon along 5400 Felicia Avenue.
- Assault with deadly weapon, not firearm, reported 5:26 p.m. on 900 Murrieta Boulevard.
- Felony warrant arrest: 6:30 p.m. Holmes and Aaron streets.
- Public intoxication: 8:53 p.m. on 1000 East Stanley Boulevard.
- Man hit a fire hydrant 2:44 a.m. while allegedly driving under the influence Chateau Place at Angelica Way.
- Unlicensed motorists: 1:52 p.m. Fifth and South P streets; 2:33 p.m. on 500 Jackson Avenue; 10 p.m. Mines Road at Dana Circle.
- Bicyclist injured on Pleasanton Ridge taken to hospital by helicopter.
- Robbery reported 1:41 a.m. on the 1800 block of First Street.
- Grand theft from vehicle on 1600 block of Vetta Drive reported 2:10 a.m.
- Car break-in: 8 p.m. on 5700 East Avenue.
- Domestic battery reported 12:20 p.m. on 300 block of Vista Street.
- Elder abuse/neglect reported 3:01 p.m. on 1200 block of Madison Avenue.
- Vandalism: 7:11 p.m. on 700 North O Street.
- Warrant arrests: 2:14 a.m. on 1100 East Stanley Boulevard; 7:14 p.m. Madeira Way at Estates Street.
- Public intoxication reports: 12:45 a.m. on 100 North Livermore Avenue; 5:45 p.m. along 1000 Batavia Avenue; 8:26 p.m. on 900 North Canyons Parkway.
- Use/influence of controlled substances: 2:44 a.m. on 1600 block of Vancouver Way.