Two Livermore residents called police early Saturday after spying a suspicious couple on Delia Way, and stayed on the phone until officers arrived and apprehended the pair.
The citizen callers dialed police at 4:16 a.m. reporting that a man and woman were using flashlights to peer into parked vehicles and jiggling cars' door handles on the 5400 block of Delia Way, said of the .
The callers stayed on the line, keeping tabs on the duo, until officers arrived, he said.
A female suspect, 24, was caught immediately by police. The male suspect, 27, was apprehended a short time later after his failed attempt to hide in nearby bushes, Goard said.
The pair reportedly were in possession of a bicycle, various electronic goods, including a GPS unit, and burglary tools, Goard said.
Officers eventually accompanied the suspects to their home on Carmen Avenue, where an additional six, possibly pilfered bicycles were discovered, he said.
"Seven bikes total," said Goard, adding that detectives "are still doing follow-up."
The Livermore suspects appeared Monday for arraignment at the in Pleasanton, according to court records.
In other police news last week:
Saturday, June 16
- Possession of controlled substances reported: 12:59 a.m. on the 1300 block of Rincon Avenue; 11:24 p.m. on North and South Flynn roads.
- A male, 28, was arrested for suspected public intoxication at 2:12 a.m. along 100 North Livermore Avenue.
- A male, 27, was arrested for alleged burglary and loitering at 5:04 a.m. at Delia and Evelyn ways. His female companion, 24, was arrested for possession of stolen property and loitering.
- Motorist with marijuana cited 12:42 a.m. on 700 East Stanley Boulevard.
- Grand theft from vehicle reported at 2 p.m. on 2100 First Street.
- Theft/larceny reported at 4:16 a.m. on 700 Katrina Street.
- Domestic assault logged 3:14 p.m. on the 2900 block of Ladd Avenue.
Friday, June 15
- Domestic assault logged on Concannon Boulevard at Robertson Park Road at 6:46 p.m.; battery at 8 p.m. on Holmes Street and Murrieta Boulevard.
- A man was arrested for public intoxication at 12:38 a.m. along South Livermore Avenue and Third Street.
- Car break-in reported 7 a.m. on 700 Bluebell Drive.
- DUI arrest made of male motorist at 9:08 p.m. on Holmes at Concannon.
- Bench warrant arrest made on 100 South Livermore Avenue at 9:32 a.m.
- A male, 21, was arrested for alleged narcotics possession 8:32 p.m. on 1000 East Airway Boulevard.
- arrive at Livermore police station.
- Fire 3 p.m. on 8500 Calaveras Road, Sunol.
Thursday, June 14
- Two bench warrant arrests: 10:49 a.m. on James Street and Ora Avenue; 3:21 p.m. on Pine and North P streets.
- Car break-in logged 11 p.m. along 500 Fontonett Avenue.
- Possession of controlled-substances arrest made of a man at 5:22 p.m. on 1100 Via Granada.
- Fire service.
- Warrant in connection with May 2011 Livermore apartment explosion, fire and death of a San Jose man, 35.
Wednesday, June 13
- Identity theft recorded at 2 p.m. on 900 El Caminito.
- Residential burglary logged 8:30 p.m. on 3000 Gardella Plaza.
- Vehicle reported stolen 12:01 a.m. along 1200 Shelbourne Road.
- A Livermore man, 23, was arrested for alleged battery at 11 p.m. at First Street at South Livermore Avenue.
- Unlicensed motorist cited 1:40 p.m. on Las Positas and South Vasco roads.
- Shoplifting thefts reported 2:50 p.m. and 7 p.m. on the 2900 and 4300 blocks of Las Positas Road.
- Car break-in on 5100 Preston Avenue at 1 a.m.
- A female, 39, was arrested for suspected DUI at 12:40 a.m. on 2500 Old First Street.
- Warrant arrest made 6 p.m. on Mitra Street and East Avenue.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrest made 9:19 p.m. on 2100 First Street of Livermore man, 50.
Tuesday, June 12
- Residential burglary logged 2:20 p.m. on 800 Alison Circle.
- Felony warrant arrest made at 2:21 a.m. on Grant Line and Jess Ranch roads.
- Car break-ins: 6 a.m. and 7:40 a.m. on 500 South Vasco Road; 6:55 a.m. on 500 Yosemite Drive; 10 p.m. on 500 Colusa Way; 10 p.m. on 1000 Jessica Drive.
- Grand theft logged noon on 2300 Palm Avenue.
- A San Ramon woman, 23, was arrested for suspected narcotics possession 10:20 p.m. on 4400 First Street.
- A Tracy male, 44, was arrested 11:52 p.m. on 3900 East Stanley Boulevard for alleged use/influence of controlled substances.
- Stolen vehicle recovered 11:50 a.m. on 1200 Echo Summit Street.
- airlifted to hospital at 10:30 a.m. from Holmes Street.
Monday, June 11
- Commercial burglary logged 4 a.m. on 4900 Southfront Road.
- Vehicles reported stolen: 3:42 a.m. on 400 Preston Court; 10:30 p.m. on 1700 Paseo Laguna Seco.
- Double arrest of a Tracy man, 46, and Manteca man, 49, for suspected grand theft, vandalism, possession of a controlled substance at 12:10 a.m. on Arroyo Vista, near Bennett Drive/Las Positas Road.
- Livermore woman, 20, arrested for suspected petty theft and controlled-substance possession at 7:44 p.m. on 2900 Las Positas Road.
- Domestic assault reported at 11:45 a.m. on 200 North K Street.
- Contempt-of-court incident 8:45 a.m. on 7300 National Drive.
- Vandalism cited 7 p.m. on 2800 Kitty Hawk Road.
- Apparent suicide .
- Explosion, at 11:15 p.m. on Palomino Road in Springtown.
Sunday, June 10
- Commercial burglary reported 3:57 a.m. along 2400 Las Positas Road; theft at same address, 4 p.m.
- Vehicle reported stolen at 1:05 a.m. from a residential driveway on the 600 block of Dickenson Street — one of over the weekend.
- Battery reported 1:48 a.m. on 1800 First Street.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrest made of a Pleasant Hill female, 36, at 1:15 a.m. on 2200 First Street.
- Arrests for suspected DUIs: Livermore woman, 18, at 12:39 a.m. along 1400 El Padro Drive; Pleasanton man, 36, at 3:39 a.m. on 900 East Stanley Boulevard.
- Vandalism cited 10 p.m. on 1000 Glen Common.
- Vehicular burglary reported 5 p.m. on 2300 Stonebridge Road; grand theft from vehicle logged 9:30 p.m. on 1400 First Street.
- Car break-in cited 9 p.m. on 2400 Regent Road.
- Bench warrant arrest 1:16 p.m. on 300 North P Street.