Gang-related Easter Sunday afternoon on Walnut Street, which left a bullet in one parked car, now has police searching for suspects.
At 1:45 p.m., one of four men on foot on Walnut Street fired multiple rounds from a handgun at a passing vehicle, said Lt. Ava Garavatti of the Livermore Police Department.
The suspects were described as Hispanic adult males in their 20s, wearing black, silver and dark blue clothing, colors favored by the Surenos street gang, Garavatti said.
The targeted vehicle was described as a metallic blue or purple Dodge Durango, with no details available on the car's occupants, she said.
When police arrived on the scene, the shooting suspects and the Durango were gone, she said.
No injuries were reported. "One stray bullet struck a parked vehicle," she added.
In other news:
As weather heats up, so apparently do tempers.
Fourteen assault-and-battery incidents were reported last week -- twice the weekly average recorded so far in 2012.
To date this year, 107 battery cases were filed in Livermore: 35 in March; 26 in February; 32 in January; and now 14 for the first week of April, police logs show.
A jump in assaults typically occurs in spring and summer months, Garavatti said.
"As we get more toward summer, you see more activity," she said.
Folks are outside, more active and often partying, she said.
"Drinking more excessively sometimes starts fights," Garavatti added.
And , whose adult son allegedly terrorized her and stole two of her cars on the same day, may have one back in her possession.
Her 20-year-old son was arrested April 2 in Pleasanton reportedly driving her swiped 1998 Oldsmobile.
The Livermore man, whose age was incorrectly given last week as 23, faces charges of suspected vehicle theft, robbery, battery, making criminal threats and damaging power lines, according to arrest records from the Alameda County Sheriff's Office.
Saturday, April 7
- Suspected public intoxication arrest made of a male, 45, at 2:33 a.m. along 2300 First Street.
- A man, 24, and woman, 19, were arrested at 8:20 p.m. on the 1700 block of North Livermore Avenue for suspected narcotics and paraphernalia possession.
Friday, April 6
- Car break-in cited at 8:40 a.m. along 1400 Railroad Avenue.
- Thefts logged at 11 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on the 2800 block of Independence Drive.
- A motorist was cited for alleged marijuana possession at 5:58 p.m. on College Avenue and Vintner Place.
- Felony warrant arrest made at 8:06 a.m. on the 600 block of North O Street.
- Suspected public intoxication arrests made at 3 a.m. on 5600 Charlotte Way and of a man, 34, at 11:45 p.m. on 100 South J Street.
Thursday, April 5
- Commercial burglary logged at 7 a.m. from the 500 block of North P Street.
- Theft cited at 11 a.m. along 1800 Mill Springs Common.
- Fraudulent checks reported at 5:35 p.m. along 800 East Stanley Boulevard.
- A female motorist was arrested for suspected DUI at 7:59 p.m. on North Vasco Road and Scenic Avenue.
- Police obstruction reported at 10:59 a.m. along 4800 Maureen Circle.
- Domestic battery reported at 11:06 p.m. on the 1100 block of El Rio Court.
Wednesday, April 4
- Theft of car parts reported at 1:30 p.m. along 6500 Southfront Road.
- Vehicular burglaries reported at 8:30 a.m. along 100 Cassady Court and at 4:30 p.m. on 200 Lindbergh Avenue.
- Two battery reports made: 5:35 p.m. along 2800 Carmen Avenue; and 10 p.m. on 1500 Dorothy Common.
- Domestic violence reported at 2:36 p.m. on the 100 block of Edythe Street.
Tuesday, April 3
- Vehicles reported stolen at 3 a.m. along 1500 Pine Street, and at 6:30 a.m. on Greenville Road.
- Battery reported at 4 a.m. along 2100 Shetland Road.
- Vandalism cited at 5 a.m. also on 2100 Shetland.
- Thefts reported at 5:45 p.m. and 7:40 p.m. on the 1500 block of First Street.
- A Livermore man, 19, was arrested at 8:50 p.m. on 2300 Avon Place for suspected influence of controlled substances and paraphernalia possession.
- Battery reported at 4:30 p.m. on Rincon and Portola avenues.
- Suspected public intoxication arrest made of a Livermore man, 44, at 12:09 p.m. along 100 South L Street.
- Injury accident at 3:23 a.m. on Murrieta Boulevard and Olivina Avenue.
Monday, April 2
- Car break-ins logged at 8:30 a.m. along 1900 Second Street, and at 7:35 p.m. along 2000 Arroyo Road.
- Vandalism cited at 9:51 p.m. along 1000 Elaine Avenue.
- Identity theft reported at 4:05 p.m. on 5600 Charlotte Way.
- Theft reported at 1:19 p.m. on 3000 Campus Hill Drive.
- A Livermore man, 54, was arrested for allegedly being under the influence of controlled substances at 12:52 a.m. on 900 Springtown Boulevard.
- Domestic violence reports included: 1:44 a.m. on the 700 block of Hattan Drive; 2:46 p.m. on 1000 Murrieta Boulevard; and 11:41 p.m. on 300 Garden Common.
- Battery reported at 7:50 p.m. on the 100 block of Meritage Common.
- Suspected DUI arrest made of a Hayward man, 50, at 8:10 p.m. on Industrial Way and South Vasco Road.
- Suspected drunk-and-disorderly arrest made of a Livermore man, 23, at 1:06 a.m. along 2200 First Street.
- Fatality on I-580 .
Sunday, April 1
- A Livermore man, 30, was arrested at 2:50 a.m. along 500 Swallow Drive for suspected public intoxication.
- DUI arrest made at 4:18 p.m. on Greenville and Tesla roads.
- A Livermore woman, 50, was arrested for alleged battery at 12:35 p.m. on the 5900 block of Southfront Road.
- Additional battery reports made at 10:20 a.m. on North P Street, and at 9:40 p.m. on Chestnut and North I streets.
- Identity theft logged at 8:30 p.m. along 4300 Las Positas Road.
- A 49-year-old Livermore woman was arrested at 3:33 a.m. on the 1100 block of Aberdeen Avenue for allegedly being under the influence of controlled substances.