10:15 p.m. update —
Here's a recap from Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department Battalion Chief Jack Neiman-Kimel:
At 1850 hrs LPFD was dispatched a to 5775 Brisa for a possible structure fire. Four Engines and two Trucks responded. The front printing room and the warehouse had filled up with smoke. Crews were able to locate a small fire in the header above the door going from the print room into the warehouse. Two of the 2x4’s had burned through. The fire was put out and the smoke was evacuated from the print room and the warehouse. The cause of the fire was electrical wires that came down between the 2x4’s that fed an outlet overheated and caught the 2x4’s (wood) on fire. It appears to have been smoldering for quite some time before we arrived. There were no civilian or firefighter injuries. The business was participating in a PG&E event where they power down the operation on high electrical draw days. They were 90% shut down for most of the day. After powering back up they began to see the smoke and called 911.
Note: This information is via reports heard on a police scanner. We will follow up with officials and update this story.
Firefighters on Monday night extinguished a small blaze inside a building on the 5000 block of Brisa Street, off South Vasco Road.
At about 6:55 p.m. emergency crews were sent to the area for a possible structure fire after receiving reports of smoke inside a building. The occupants of the reported 30,000-square foot building also exited the building shortly after reporting the smoke to officials.
When firefighters arrived on scene they reported seeing white smoke inside the building and the fire may be due to an electrical issue.
Fire crews were able to find the source of the smoke and were able to knock down a small blaze at 7:20 p.m.
Livermore Patch will update this story as more information is made available.