Emergency crews this morning capped a gas leak at a vacant building located at the downtown parking lot, near the on First and L streets.
At around 8 a.m. fire crews were sent to the area after a caller reported smelling gas, Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Departmen Battalion Chief Jack Neiman-Kimel said.
When firefighters arrived they located the gas leak at a building that previously housed a dry-cleaning business, Neiman-Kimel said.
"The gas meter is gone," he said. "I'm not sure if it was taken, but it is definitely gone."
Firefighters diffused and kept the gas cloud down with water while PG&E worked to gain access to an underground gas line.
The gas leak was capped at 9:40 a.m.