Here's a list of top stories from the past week:
Sunday, Dec. 4
- A tortoise survived a garage fire. .
Monday, Dec. 5
- , in her column, says the new Livermore City Council has a .
Tuesday, Dec. 6
- Science officials are looking to rename No. 116 on Periodic Table of Elements as "Livermorium" in honor of the City of Livermore and lab scientists who helped create it. .
- A Livermore woman who claimed 20 kids was sentenced for tax fraud. .
- A cannonball went through a home in Dublin and later damaged a parked vehicle. Wait, what? Yes, a cannonball. .
Wednesday, Dec. 7
- , in our segment, sat down with local wine legend Jim Concannon for a trip back in time. .
- A driver died in a solo-vehicle crash on Interstate 580 near the First Street overcrossing. .
Thursday, Dec. 8
- We are now publishing weekly police logs! .
- Our column shows how the Livermore lab is making a positive impact on the regional economy. .
- How can decking your home for the holidays help win $100,000 for local schools?
- 20 applicants are vying for the an open seat on the Livermore city council. .
Friday, Dec. 9
- Heads up. Caltrans has scheduled full freeway closures on Interstate 580 for demolition of the Portola Avenue flyover. .
Saturday, Dec. 10
- Emergency crews quickly knocked down a small fire at a duplex on the 300 block of South K Street. .