The good news: The Isabel Avenue/Interstate 580 interchange project may be completed earlier than the spring 2012 projection.
The bad? Detours on Airway Boulevard.
Alternate routes began Thursday for motorists traveling on Airway Boulevard and looking to connect to State Route 84 (Isabel Avenue). Officials say the detours are needed to allow for continued construction of the interchange project.
- Traffic using Airway Boulevard to connect to SR 84/Isabel Avenue will be detoured to Kitty Hawk Road.
- Eastbound Airway Boulevard will be closed to through traffic, according to city officials.
- Airway Boulevard will be open to local traffic for the , and local businesses.
- Officials say there will be no access to Isabel Avenue from Airway Boulevard.
- Detour to last until mid September
For more information on the Isabel Avenue interchange project, call Roberto Escobar at 925-960-4500 or click here.
Other SR84/I-580 interchange project articles: