Business Manager will maintain and coordinate the general business office functions for Camp Arroyo, operated by YMCA of the East Bay. This person reports to the Camp Senior Program Director and will work with Camp Management and staff on daily office tasks to promote a smooth operation. This is a part-time position with expectation to work 15-20hrs per week.
1. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills; Microsoft Office experience a must: Word, Excel, Outlook with a good working knowledge of Outlook Email and Calendar.
2. Must have an accounting background with knowledge of accounts payable and receivable, invoicing, income statements, budgeting, and journal entry procedures.
3. Data entry experience preferred; AS400 experience a plus.
4. Type 50-60+ words per minute.
5. Must be able to work independently, present self-confident and with a professional demeanor.
6. Must have excellent customer service and telephone skills.
7. Minimum 2 + years related experience.
Spanish fluency is a plus.
Primary Job Duties:
1. Manage office operations and systems, including phones, taking and delivering messages; and responding to customer inquiries for camp scheduling, reservations and camp attendance.
2. Register participants for camping services programs as directed, send information packets and ensure appropriate forms and payments are collected
3. Provide exceptional guest service to all participants, staff, partners and guests
4. Manage the vendor P.O. process for accounts payable submission.
5. Review all time sheets for accuracy and completeness and prepare payroll registers for payroll submission.
6. Manage the preparation of invoices, month-end billing; and month-end journal entries.
7. Input and maintain financial & tracking reports as directed
8. Manage the preparation of camping service materials, contracts, forms and billing information for clients, schools and other community members, as needed. Assist with reservations.
9. Prepare and send professional quality correspondence in letters and email to clients, camp management and staff, other YMCA branches, and YMCA Association Resource Center.
10. Maintain all office equipment
11. Coordinate and communicate with vendors as directed (janitorial, propane, etc.)
12. May occasionally be required to attend meetings and take minutes, or prepare meeting materials, project reports, etc.
13. Assist with special projects as deemed necessary.
Please send Resume, Cover Letter & 3 References via fax, mail or email by June 16th to:
5535 Arroyo Rd
Livermore, CA 94550
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something